Pages

Tuesday 1 December 2015

Travel: Bali, Indonesia

After 3 weeks trekking through China, I had 10 days booked to recover and relax in Bali. Being so close to Australia, Bali is a really popular destination, but this was my first time, but definatley wont be the last.  I arived in Bali after 9pm and it was still 35degrees with crazy humidity, which for some reason I wasnt expecting. Im a pretty organised person so had my whole trip planned out so that I could maximise my 10 days and see as much of the "must-see" as possible.

I visited temples, huge markets and drove to the a viewpoint overlooking Kintamani Volcano. Took in a traditional performance and had monkeys jumping on my head as I walked through a forest. I hiked to Tegenungan waterfall and marveled at the huge terraced rice fields. I sailed to Nusa Penida on a huge catamaran and snorkelled over a breathtaking tropical reef surrounded by thousands of fish. And sometimes I just sat and watched the villagers, people going about their everyday lives, the hoards of scooters and trucks laden with produce and workers hitching a ride. The detail everywhere in Bali was so beautiful; stunning engravings on every surface, colourful shrines every few meters dedicated to their deity's and gorgeous children laughing in the streets.

These are only a small selection from my camera, click HERE to see a full gallery, I cant wait to go back!
Tegenungan