Pages

Monday 30 November 2015

Travel: Part 2: China, The Mainland


As it says in the previous post to this, China was pretty up there on my buscket list, and like any traveller who loves photography or any photographer that loves travel, my goal is to walk away with a selection of images that tells a story, that trys to summarise where ive been and what ive experienced. In the 20 days I was in China I travelled over 1300km, and managed to see so many highlights that I had dreamed of for years. These photos are very small selection, more of which can be seen on my website gallery HERE.

When I arrived in Beijing I had 3 days to myself before I joined a small western tour group that I would travel south to Shanghai with, via Xian and Suzhou. One of these days I climbed the Jinshanling section of the Great Wall of China (see this post) and the other 2 I wandered around in the heat on foot exploring temples, hutongs and markets.

Once I joined the tour group it became a pretty fast flow of famous landmarks, private gardens, crazy food markets, sleeper trains, long coach rides, laughing with locals, fast-walking tours and desperate sleeping; but I'm pretty happy with the photographic outcome for such a short trip. One day I hope to return to rural china and spend more time with the people, travelling up through Mongolia to Russia.


I dont think I need to write much here, the photos tell the story...